[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: keeping a game from being pirated

> Well from what i have seen no.  I have seen everything from simple hex
> edits to laborite directory trees with cdrom fakers to get around copy
> protection i guess if you had some sort of dongle or other means of
> hardware varifycation it whould make it harder but there still it the
> code that can be hacked.  What whould you do there put some kind of CRC
> verifyer that ran everytime the game was loaded to check to see if any of
> the files had been modifyed. But that could be modifed too. Another thing
> to remember is if people like it they usually will go out and buy it for
> the manuals and the media.  many times i have feeled why should i pay 80
> for a game or programming language and not even know what it does or if
> its a waist of money....

sorry to say this but there is NO chance to prevent this. you can make it
harder to crack and i dont think anyone will go cracking game with dongle
but even this doesnt help. i saw all autodesk products cracked and they all
have dongle, and i think that people who are selling $5k worth products
would try to make them uncrackable but even they didnt succeed. only
solution for this is what Steff said... DONT RELEASE IT! all other methods
are useless if someone really want this thing.

Primoz
(MAD GRAPHiCS team)